The Anti-Violence Coalition of Leeds & Grenville
The Anti-Violence Coalition of Leeds & Grenville (AVC) will facilitate the expansion, coordination and delivery of ACV projects in Leeds & Grenville counties, and will work to ensure that victim and survivor-based services in our area are accountable and responsive to the needs of the community we serve. The committee will work to develop a plan for early intervention, public
Summary of Job
Under the direction of and reporting to the Chair of the Anti-Violence Coaltion of Leeds & Grenville, the coordinator is responsible for organizing and managing the committee’s activities as well as working collaboratively with various individuals, groups and community partners to raise AVC’s profile through administrative work, social media based campaigns and communications and various education and training activities.
This is a contract position that will begin immediately and end March 31st, 2021 with the option to renew on a yearly basis. As a contract employee, the Coordinator will be expected to provide their own cell phone that they are able to use for work purposes. This position has a flexible work schedule with a maximum of 18 hours per week, $22.00 per hour.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing, implementing organizing, and coordinating the AVC’s violence prevention campaigns.
• Responsible for all administrative work in relation to AVC projects including organizing and attending all committee and subcommittee meetings, taking minutes, distributing agendas, producing reports, managing budgets.
• Must be able to discern work priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Responsible for website maintenance and updates and maintenance of all social media accounts (facebook, twitter, IG) with a strong focus on building a fulsome social media presence with a goal towards public education and awareness.
• Participate in the development and implementation of a communication strategy to keep committee members informed of ongoing events, issues and information.
• Assist in the development and writing of grant applications on behalf of the committee and its members for projects that are aligned with the same goals and focus as the committee and will benefit the community.
Work required includes a demonstrated ability to coordinate the AVC for a diversified, primarily rural catchment area. Such ability is normally acquired through the completion of postsecondary training in women’s studies, social sciences, marketing, public administration, or related programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to gender-based violence and antiviolence initiatives
• Work requires experience in project development and coordination
• Proven experience in marketing and communication strategies including the use of social media
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required
• Functional proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work independently and under the direction of the Anti-Violence Coalition of Leeds & Grenville, set priorities, and complete work timely and accurately
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills including the ability to prioritize work and meet conflicting demands
• Experience and comfort with facilitating committee meetings
• Knowledge of community resources for victims and survivors
• Proven ability to generate Ministry level yearly reports an asset
Send resume to:
Chair, Victim Issues Coordinating Committee
Applications will be accepted until October 30th, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:Oct 20, 2020
- Number of Positions Available:1
- Employment Type:Full Time
- Deadline:12:00AM on Oct 30, 2020