Job Description & Requirements
CLASSIFICATION: Commercial Artist 2
COMPENSATION GROUP: OPSEU - Technical
SALARY RANGE: $929.83 to $1,099.56 per week
Where candidates lack the full qualifications, an appointment may be made at a lower classification and salary level
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: January to November (Group 3 seasonal recurring)
HOURS OF WORK: 36.25 hours per week
DIVISION: Corporate Marketing
POSTING DATE: February 24, 2021
CLOSING DATE: March 10, 2021
AREA OF SEARCH: OPEN
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Provide advanced graphic design services for paid marketing campaigns, social media, signs, printed collateral, presentations and brochures.
• Coordinate complete concept development, design, and production of a diverse range of large-scale marketing projects, e.g. digital and social media advertisements, posters, billboards, etc.
• Liaise with outside vendors for production of goods and purchase of services, following government procurement guidelines.
• Coordinate translation services, as required.
• Provide support on photo and video shoots and perform video editing and production.
• Create logos and theme designs for special events, products, and services.
• Maintain a resource of design files, photographic images and logos.
• Manage a large volume of multiple projects to meet required and often tight deadlines.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Actively participate as a contributing member of the marketing team.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s licence to visit all attractions and sites for design inspiration, conduct creative inventories, and obtain photo and video assets.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Advanced knowledge of commercial art operations, materials, and equipment to apply commercial art and associated functional practices and techniques.
• Knowledge of advertising mediums, photography, printing processes and techniques to develop and design concepts for various materials used by the Commission.
• Knowledge of design and production of printed materials, promotions, and media buying to ensure the most efficient and effective processes are used, to propose printing specifications for obtaining quotes, and to liaise with print and other suppliers.
• Advanced knowledge of digital photography and techniques to organize and maintain digital graphics resources, take photographs, edit video and maintain photographic library.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software to prepare art work and for a variety of media including advanced knowledge of current desktop publishing software such as Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, and Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as digital and social media techniques such as Instagram Stories, IAB standard digital advertising ads and video editing.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• Oral communication skills to provide information over the phone and in person, respond to inquiries from various internal and external stakeholders, and resolve contentious issues between the client and outside agencies.
• Written communication and proofreading skills to prepare various reports and provide specifications for obtaining quotes.
• Interpersonal skills and tact to deal with inquiries and request information from busy staff members and external specialists.
REASONING, PROBLEM-SOLVING AND PLANNING SKILLS
• Reasoning and problem-solving skills to prioritize work, determine what matters should be referred to other staff, evaluate operational procedures and recommend improvements, and estimate labour and material costs and time for in-house and out-of-house production.
• Planning skills to coordinate activities to meet deadlines and respond to client problems, coordinate own activities with those of users/clients when implementing modifications to on-going projects and assisting in the introduction of new projects/initiatives, and to determine the techniques needed to accomplish projects.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages.
2. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed above. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job.
3. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
4. Every external candidate must identify his or her prior employment in the Ontario Public Service including positions, dates of employment and any re-employment restrictions.
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR WEBISTE: https://web.parks.on.ca:4338/careers/Careers.aspx?req=2021-SLPC-762&type=JOBDESCR
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 11:59 PM ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2021.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES FOR APPLYING, BUT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR FURTHER SCREENING OR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-437-2233, ext. 2440.
- Date Posted:Feb 24, 2021
- Number of Positions Available:1
- Job Location:Kingston
- Deadline:12:00AM on Mar 10, 2021