Position Title: TOURISM MANAGER
Reporting To: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Primary Function: To be the key representative of Tourism Brockville, manage the tourism project plan, and staff and stakeholder relations
Key Performance: Successful operation of DMO function through the Aquatarium and implementation of tourism plan as per the City contract
Personal Attributes: Emotional Intelligence, Empathy, Enthusiasm, Growth Mindset, Initiative, Professionalism, Solutions Focused, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Represent Tourism Brockville as the Destination Marketing Organization on behalf of the Aquatarium, both public facing and with internal stakeholders including but not limited to government liaisons and operators.
- Participate in and support the tourism operating committee and tourism stakeholder committee, managing the project plan to ensure contractual and business plan goals are met, and performance tracking is reported.
- Build and maintain stakeholder and operator relationships to optimize collaborative marketing opportunities for assets and events.
- Support the growth and promotion of municipally owned and private sector tourism properties as well as festival and event organizers.
- Develop and implement non-paid marketing such as organic social media, press releases, in-market promotional activities and other mediums.
- Oversee the social media strategy, content creation and coordination of brand and messaging among marketing partners and contractors.
- Oversee the Stakeholder and Tourism Guest communication strategy and CRM integration.
- Coordinate of marketing, promotion and mobile ambassador team with festivals, events, group properties and other events to maximize the visitor experience.
- Manage tourism staff, overseeing the training, scheduling, and performance management of the team.
- Support budgeting, fundraising and emerging initiatives when appropriate.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Date Posted:Dec 06, 2021
- Job Location:Brockville
- Salary:$1.00 - $1.00 Not Specified
- Deadline:12:00AM on Dec 21, 2021